Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Kao guinaiya

Gof bunita na kanta ginen as Desha "Kao guinaiya?"

Guaha anghet gi fion-hu aatan yu na puengi
I have an angel by my side, I look that night
Chumachalek i litratu siempre maolek yu' todo
I smile at the picture, I'll be good forever
Antis hu guifi hao ya magahit pa'go un na'magof i kurason-hu
Before I dreamed of you and now it's true you make my heart

Neni sangani yu'
Baby tell me
Kao guinaiya, kao guinaiya
Is this love, is this love?
Kao esti na kassao-su an umagang hao
Is this my cry when I call you?
Kao guinaiya, kao guinaiya
Is this love, is this love?
Yanggin hagu sumangan
When you say it
Kao guinaiya, kao guinaiya, kao guinifi annai hu li'e hao gi painge?
Is this love, was it a dream when I saw you last night?

Taya mas na guinifi
There are no more dreams
Mas maolekna ki hagu
Better than you
Hagu ha gi lina'la-hu
You are my life
Un na fanli'e yu' klaru
You see me clearly

Kao para taguini?
Is this how it's going to be?
Kao para un pininiti?
Are you going to hurt me?
Esti malago, necisdat-hu
This is what I want, my need
Kao esti hagas hu disiseha?
Is this what I've been wanting for so long?






2 comments:

Xawtik Islanda said...

Nobody ever really writes comments under blog posts anymore... I'm a blogger myself, and you're left thinking... "Does anyone out there even SEE this"? And "Is this pointless"?

I'm here to tell you that I am honored to be the first comment here. And please don't stop writing and doing what you do.

Our culture is dying out with Americana values and we are losing what it truly means to be CHAMORRO.

THIS song brought me back to days with my tata.

I'm older now and couldn't remember the words...

Except the words Nana Munga Kumate...

Could you imagine never being able to hear your father sing a song to you ever again?

Imagine not being able to pass down that moment to your kids!

You have given me back that moment in vivid clarity.

I thank you! A million times over! Keep posting and I hope this gives you motivation to keep doing what you do!!!

theislander said...

Si Yu'os Ma'ase! I really appreciate those kind words. These comments really do help a lot to keep me motivated.