Monday, May 3, 2021

Bonitan Palao'an


 Bonitan Palao'an tinige as Larry Joe Naputi

Ilek-ku malago yu' para ta hita lao ti sina palao'an

I said I'd like us to be together but we can't, girl

Sa siempre bai naputi i kurason-hu ya ti hula nu esta

Because you'll always hurt my heart and I didn't promise that 

Put fabot honnge yu' sa ti hu aliligao hao guinaiya-ku

Please believe me because I wasn't searching for you, my love

Lao sina taitai gi un puengi yan puedi mohon ta'lo un biahi

But I can pray one night and maybe it will happen again

Ilek-ku ta'lo un biahi

I said one more time

Gof bonita na paloa'an gi fion-hu

A very beautiful woman by my side

Ya puedi ha taya otro neni

And maybe there can't be no other, baby

Despensa yu' kirida-hu kulan ti siguru yu' esti hu siensiente ti sina bai hu hanao

Forgive me my darling it's like I'm not sure what I'm feeling and I can't let it go

Lao bai na tungo hao na hagu i mas ya-hu 

But I'll let you know that you're the one I like the most

Ai sangani yu' fan neni

Oh please tell me baby

Kao sina un guaiya yu' palao'an mona gi tiempo kirida-hu

Can you love me girl from now on, my darling

Esti i sienente-ku giya hagu ni ngai'an makpo guinaiya-ku

This feeling I have for you will never finish, my love

Sabidios sa hu li'e hao ta'lo

God knows because I saw you again 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hafa adai!

I'm trying to learn Chamorro, listening to songs from Dandan Marianas and working through your lyrics and translations is so helpful!

I really hope you keep doing this, there are some of us that really, really, appreciate what you are doing!

Si yu'os ma'ase!
i na'an-mu si Aric

theislander said...

SYM Aric! I'm glad these are helpful for you. Keep on learning! Really nice to hear positive feedback from you.

Unknown said...

Can you do mamopble lyrics from Nature Atalig